This global oilfield services company embarked on a multi-year global transformation program led by the CEO. This included the transformation of these specific areas:
- Internal operational planning processes
- External customer facing sales and demand planning processes
- IT application landscape through a centralized ERP implementation initiative
Parallel transformation of business processes and IT systems led to conflicting timelines and lack of alignment of business requirements. The lack of visibility, diversity of business units, geographies, and federated project governance made value assurance challenging for the program leadership.
Enaxis was engaged to review the transformation program from a value assurance perspective. This required the recommendation and implementation of supporting tools and governance to ensure sustainable value realization. The effort was structured into two phases that included:
- The assessment of the current state from a governance, program management, change management, and collaboration perspective
- The design and implementation of the integrated transformation PMO
The Initial assessment identified significant gaps in the ERP implementation approach, lack of coherent PMO processes, and a lack of program governance. In addition, the implementation of the redesigned PMO processes and governance led to significant improvement in visibility for the leadership and resulted in early identification of cross project risks and dependencies, helping the client avoid costly rework in the future.