Managing a portfolio of projects is much like managing your own financial investment portfolio. Your “investment philosophy” is the business vision and goals. Your portfolio of projects are ideally balanced in terms of risk versus benefit, sorted by priority, and aligned with the business objectives. Enaxis uses this approach to develop IT Portfolio Management with our clients. We focus on understanding the overall strategic business drivers, identify gaps and leverage findings to develop a project lifecycle strategy and execution plan that creates a link between both projects and operations.
In short, these are the key IT Portfolio Management objectives:
- Establish a controlled business demand management and project budget process
- Align annual and long-term budget plan to business and IT strategy
- Balance demand and IT resources, ensuring resource prioritization and enhanced risk management of high-impact projects
- Govern project activity against budget and value achievement, ensuring progress and risks are transparent and analyzed against impact to the larger portfolio
- Monitor portfolio metrics to ensure value is maintained
Chris Mrema is a Senior Manager with over 15 years of experience in strategic planning, mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance and project management in diverse industries and business environments. Chris has worked with many of the largest Airline transportation companies focusing on IT system integrations. Chris earned his Bachelor's degree...
Have questions? Contact us and one of our experts will respond to you shortly.
A common issue facing companies today is remaining innovative and flexible in a matrix organization. Our approach to process optimization gives our clients the best of both efficiency and flexibility. There is no one-size-fits-all solution.
We bring an integrated view of roles, dependencies, milestones, risks and issues, stakeholder engagement, and overall project or program health. You can expect our Project and Program Managers to own delivery, and manage every phase of the lifecycle.
Analytics & Information Management
Enaxis keeps up to date with industry analysts and their predictions for what the future will hold for CIOs and the IT industry. Gartner, Forrester, and IDC all agree that Information Management is core, with supporting players in the Cloud, Mobility, and Social platforms.